The President is the principal leader of the Netball Committee of the Hi-Lites Netball Club and has overall responsibility for the administration and corporate governance of the Hi-Lites Netball Club.
The President is responsible for ensuring that Committee Members and Club Members act in accordance with the Hi-Lites Netball Club Constitution, Whitehorse Netball Association Constitution and by-laws and the National Sporting Code of Behaviour.
The President forms part of the Executive Committee along with the Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary. The Executive Committee on occasions have the power to meet to deal with any particular matter or matters upon such terms as the Committee may think fit.
The President is elected by the Hi-Lites Netball Club members and is responsible for representing the views of the Hi-Lites Netball Club Committee and the Club’s Members.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Set the committee meeting agenda, in conjunction with Secretary.
- Chair Committee meetings and the Annual General Meeting, encouraging focused discussions to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of meetings.
- Be well informed of all club activities and be able to provide oversight
- Support all coaches in terms of player and parent management.
- Be a supportive leader for all club members & sub committees.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Club when required
- Act as a signatory for the Club in all legal purposes
- Act as a signatory for the official club banking and cheque account (with at least one other).
- Ensure Hi-Lites Netball Club representation at all WNA Delegates meetings.
- Regularly focus the Committee’s attention on matters of Club governance that relate to its own structure, role and relationship to any paid employees
- Periodically consult with Committee members on their role, to see how they are going and help them to optimize their contribution
- Ensure the respective Committee members responsibilities are followed through.
- Work with the Committee to ensure:
- The necessary skills are represented on the Committee and that a succession plan is in place to help find new Committee members when required
- Goals and relevant strategic and business plans are developed in order to achieve the goals of the Club.
- Communicate regularly with the Presidents of the member Clubs, and the association
- Assist in the development of partnerships with sponsors, local and state government, shared facility users and organisations that are relevant to the goals of the Club.
- Ensure communications are being sent to Committee Members, Coaches, Club Members and players at appropriate times during the season.
- Present the Presidents Report at the Annual General Meeting.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Good people skills and an interest in all aspects of the workings of the Club.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Hi-Lites Netball Club Constitution and Whitehorse Netball Association Constitution and by-laws and Consumer Affairs Victoria Regulatory requirements.
- Able to maintain confidentiality on relevant matters.
- Able to work collaboratively with other Committee Members
- Essential to be available to listen and give advice regarding any concerns and issues raised by Committee or Club members.