The Treasurer is the financial officer of the Hi-Lites Netball Club and has the responsibility to look after the financial affairs of the Club.
The Treasurer forms part of the Executive Committee along with the President, Vice-President and Secretary. The Executive Committee on occasions have the power to meet to deal with any particular matter or matters upon such terms as the Committee may think fit.
The Treasurer is elected by the Hi-Lites Netball Club Members and is directly responsible to the President of the Hi-Lites Netball Club for looking after the financial affairs of the Club’s Members.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attend scheduled committee meetings.
- Provide advice to the Committee in their management of the Club finances
- Administer all financial affairs of the Club
- Lead the annual budget process and ensure an appropriate annual budget is provided to the Committee for approval
- Ensure development and Committee review of financial policies and procedures
- Support any required auditing processes
- Receipt of all incoming monies
- Bank all monies received
- Pay all accounts
- Maintain accurate records of all income and expenditure
- Ensure that all receipts and payments concur with bank deposits and withdrawals
- Monthly financial reports to be presented at committee meetings
- Arrange and despatch invoices for periodical payment
- Issue yearly membership fee
- Keep accurate record of all membership payments
- Be a signatory on club account (with at least one other)
- Prepare annual financial accounts for auditing.
- Prepare annual financial statements as at the 31 December for presentation at the Annual General Meeting.
- Prepare an annual financial report for presentation at the AGM.
- Arrange any payments approved by President.
- Supply relevant documentation to the Secretary for the purposes of lodgement of the Annual Financial Statements with Consumer Affairs Victoria.
- If unable to attend a committee meeting, submit financial report President and Secretary in writing prior to the scheduled meeting.
- Maintain player records and all financial records pertaining to registration of players and coaches in a safe and secure place.
- Produce registration forms in conjunction with the President and Registrar, and send out registration forms to all players for each season.
Knowledge and skills required
- Well organised with the ability to work in a logical manner.
- Knowledge of the Hi-Lites Netball Club Constitution and Consumer Affairs Victoria Regulatory requirements.
- Able to allocate regular time periods to maintain the books.
- Background in accounting and/or bookkeeping/spreadsheet abilities.
- Ability to keep detailed records to enable the preparation of the annual financial accounts.
- Computer skills