The Umpire Coordinator handles all Umpire related matters of the Hi-Lites Netball Club Teams.
The Umpire Coordinator is directly responsible to the President, the Club Committee and the members of Hi-Lites Netball Club.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Co-ordinate roster for club umpires for the season
- Liaise with WNA Umpiring Coordinator to ensure appropriate placement of umpires
- Liase with WNA regarding acquisition of “levels” for junior umpires
- Provide support and guidance to all junior umpires
- Provide information regarding training for all junior umpires
- Support junior umpires on game days and give direction where needed
- Nominating umpires for badging.
- Maintain a record of all games umpired and advise Treasurer for appropriate payment
- Maintain a record of all badged umpires within the club.
- The uniform coordinator should attend monthly committee meetings on a regular basis and provide an umpiring report for the committee.
- If for any reason the Umpire coordinator is unable to attend a committee meeting a report should be submitted to the President and Secretary in writing prior to the scheduled meeting.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Can communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of the Hi-Lites Netball Club’s constitution.
- Computer literacy.