The Vice-President is the shadowing leader of the Netball Committee of the Hi-Lites Netball Club and has a back-up responsibility to the President for the administration and corporate governance of the Hi-Lites Netball Club.
The Vice-President is responsible for filling in for the President where needed to ensure that Committee Members and Club Members act in accordance with the Hi-Lites Netball Club Constitution, Whitehorse Netball Association Constitution and by-laws and the National Sporting Code of Behaviour.
The Vice-President forms part of the Executive Committee along with the President, Treasurer and Secretary. The Executive Committee on occasions have the power to meet to deal with any particular matter or matters upon such terms as the Committee may think fit.
The Vice-President is elected by the Hi-Lites Netball Club members and is responsible to provide back up for the President in representing the views of the Hi-Lites Netball Club Committee and the Club’s Members.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be well informed of all organisation activities and able to provide oversight
- Be able to raise concerns with the President where they arise
- In the event of the President being unable to fulfill his/her duties to step into that role
- In the absence of the President, chair Committee meetings ensuring that they are run efficiently and effectively
- Be an alternate signatory for the Club for legal purposes and financial purposes
- Assist the President in deciding which matters are dealt with by the Executive, the full Committee and delegated to Committees
- Coordinate Club planning to ensure appropriate plans are developed, presented to and reviewed by the Committee, and enacted as required
- Represent the Club at meetings and forums as agreed with by the President
- Other duties as nominated by the President and / or Committee
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Good people skills and an interest in all aspects of the workings of the Club.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Hi-Lites Netball Club Constitution and Whitehorse Netball Association Constitution and by-laws and Consumer Affairs Victoria Regulatory requirements.
- Able to maintain confidentiality on relevant matters.
- Able to work collaboratively with other Committee Members
- Essential to be available to listen and give advice regarding any concerns and issues raised by Committee or Club members.
- Be a good role model and a positive image for the Club in representing the Committee in other forums